Webster G. Tarpley, Ph.D.
December 2, 2012
- Stop all farm foreclosures with a modernized version of the Frasier-Lemke Act.
- Debt moratorium for insolvent farmers for the duration of the world economic depression.
- Nationalize the Federal Reserve to provide 0% long-term federal credit for farm operations and capital improvements.
- Increase irrigation with a program of water projects, including NAWAPA, financed with 0% century bonds by the nationalized Fed.
- Restore parity price supports for farm commodities and set payments at 110% of parity or more for the duration of the world depression and food emergency.
- Double US overseas emergency food aid under Food for Peace, focusing on the eradication of famine with no political strings attached.
- No cuts to Food Stamps (SNAP); increase the Food Stamps benefit to a minimum of $3 per person per meal from the current $1.48, with liberalized eligibility.
- Pay for (5) (6) and (7) and other measures with a 1% federal Wall Street Sales Tax, with half of the proceeds going to the states under revenue sharing.
Ideas, information and resources at againstausterity.org